Quick guide for enrolment
The first deadline for the submission of documentation is March 31, 2021.
The deadline for submission of documentation
Documentation approval notice
Receive notice of whether you meet the requirements of the competition and whether you can attend the entrance exam.
Attend the written exam that will be held at 5 PM at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Zagreb.
Notice of successful completion of the exam
All candidates who have passed the entrance examination will be invited to an interview.
Attend the interview
The Council for Doctoral Studies
will make a final decision on whether you are admitted to the Doctoral Degree Program in Psychology at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Zagreb.
Notice of enrollment
The second deadline for the submission of documentation is June 25, 2021.
The written exam and interview in the second exam period will be held during July 2021. Further details will be announced during June 2021.
- psychology graduates/teachers of psychology who completed their studies according to the old “pre-Bologna” program and psychologists who have completed a graduate degree program in psychology (Master’s of Psychology)
- consent from the advisor for the accepance of candidates,
- proficient in spoken and written English
- written application for consideration for enrolment in the study program,
- certified copy of diploma
- transcript of exam results from previous study (undergraduate and graduate) with the calculated average grade
- short professional CV (up to 1800 characters),
- statement of motivation for doctoral studies (up to 1800 characters),
- description of research interests: theoretical and methodological elaboration of the specific area that the candidate plans to undertake during doctoral study (up to 3600 characters). Based on this part of the application, the topic of the entrance examination will be determined in accordance with the research interests of the candidate,
- scientific achievements to date (journal articles, abstracts),
- written recommendations from two university professors of psychology,
- consent from the advisor for the acceptance of candidates,
- confirmation of payment of procedural expenses (HRK 600.00).
- Type of financing statement
The differentiation exam consists of writing a draft research design in the field described by candidates in their research interests upon application.
The research design should include the following chapters: Introduction to the research problem, formulation of the goal or problem, hypothesis/es to be tested, methodology (sample description, operationalization of variables, instruments the research intends to apply, methods and procedures for data collection), plan for data analysis, theoretical and/or practical implications of the results.
The task of the candidate is to create and describe a theoretically relevant and methodologically feasible research design.
The entrance exam is completed on a computer and is allotted a time limit of 120 minutes. Notes and/or printed material may be used. USB sticks are not permitted and Internet access is disabled. It is not necessary to include a reference list at the of the research plan.
The draft should be between 5400 and 9000 characters long (including spaces).
Prior to enrolment in the Doctoral degree program, each candidate will attend an interview, which is a mandatory part of the selection process. The aim of the interview is to assess the motivation and professional interest of the candidate.
Enrolment in each semester is completed in the Office for Postgraduate Studies, room A-002/003.
The tuition fee is HRK 9,500.00 per semester and can be paid in full or in two instalments as follows:
– 1st instalment: HRK 4,750.00, by enrolment in the semester
– 2nd instalment: HRK 4,750.00, no later than 2 months after enrolment in a given semester
Payment of the tuition fee can be at any post office, bank or FINA using a general payment slip as well as via Internet banking, IBAN: HR1823600001101311177, call number: 43-120-3030.
Students must bring the following to enrolment:
- Two 4×6 cm photographs
- Payment slip confirming payment of tuition
- OIB data